PENGUNJUNG SETIA

12 Mac 2010

SUMMONED FOR A CAR HE DOESN'T OWN

Chuah Bee Kim
2010/03/11

A LABOURER recently received a notice from the Simpang Renggam District Council that he had failed to pay a car parking compound.

MUAR 5/3/2010. Mohd Hasim Mohd Badri with the letter from the  Simpang Renggam District Council stating that he had failed to pay a  parking compound for a car that bears his motorcycle registration  plate.
MUAR 5/3/2010. Mohd Hasim Mohd Badri with the letter from the Simpang Renggam District Council stating that he had failed to pay a parking compound for a car that bears his motorcycle registration plate.

However, Mohd Hasim Mohd Badri, 56, of Kampung Melayu Raya, Sagil, near Tangkak, said he did not own a car. He does have a motorcycle bearing the same registration plate, though.

"I received the first notice on Dec 11, 2007 stating I had three previous offences of not displaying the car parking coupons on May 19, July 24 and Aug 2, all in 2004.

"The notice said it was a car, but JEQ3935 is the registration plate for my motorcycle. I wrote to the district council and attached my motorcycle grant and a letter of confirmation from the Road Transport Department. I thought the matter was settled.

"But the district council recently told me they had never received my letter and issued me a final reminder letter, dated Feb 18, asking me to pay RM90 within 14 days or I will have to go to court."

Hasim said he was also worried that the driver of the car with the same registration number as his motorcycle, could have committed other road offences.

"I may be called up by the authorities if I do not highlight this matter," he said.

SOURCE: NST JOHOR STREETS, MARCH 12, 2010

Tiada ulasan: