PENGUNJUNG SETIA

30 September 2010

DSP ABU BAKAR BIDS FAREWELL TO FORCE

By HAMDAN RAJA ABDULLAH
metrose@thestar.com.my

TANGKAK: After 38 years of serving the nation as a member of the police force, Ledang deputy police chief Deputy Supt Abu Bakar Isa bade farewell to the department.

DSP Abu Bakar, 58, who hails from Alor Gajah in Malacca, said he decided to return to his hometown in Malacca to start a new life as a civilian.

“After serving the force for so long, I am grateful to God for giving me good health and a happy working environment at the Ledang police station.

Till we meet again: Deputy Supt Abu Bakar (fourth from right), accompanied by Ledang police chief Supt Harun Idris (fifth from right) bidding goodbye to his colleagues

“I hope my colleagues here will continue to give their commitment to the force and serve the people with sincerity and honesty,” he said when giving his parting speech at the police station recently.

DSP Abu Bakar said all junior officers should be willing to learn and to discuss their work with their superiors to improve service efficiency.

He said they should not be afraid to argue on ideas with their superiors and be willing to accept any decision as well as obey any orders from their superiors.

He said they should always work as a team and try to give 100% commitment to the force, adding that they should not go against the law.

“To the senior officers, I want to say thank you for helping me in my duties here and to the young ones, I urge them to continue to gain knowledge.

“The future will be more challenging but with greater knowledge, I am sure, the young ones will be able to tackle any challenge,” he said after passing his duties to acting deputy police chief Asst Supt Jumaat Rahmat.

SOURCE: THE STAR, Thursday September 30, 2010

Tiada ulasan: